Joining Virtual Studio Live Broadcasting Studio
Before the broadcast
Make sure you have the following:
By Laptop or Desktop
- A laptop or desktop with a webcam and mic.
- A recent version of Chrome or Firefox.
- A strong internet connection. Just like Skype, you must have a strong internet connection for it to work well. If possible, connect to your router with an ethernet cable instead of using WiFi.
- We recommend wearing earbuds or headphones to prevent audio echoes.
By Mobile Phone
If you don’t have a laptop or desktop, then you can join on your phone. But the experience is usually best on a laptop/desktop. On Android, we recommend the Chrome browser. On iOS, you must use Safari.
If you’re on iOS 14.2, we recommend updating your device before joining. iOS 14.2 has some issues with audio stuttering.
Joining the broadcast
When the time comes, follow these steps to enter the broadcast VSL Studio:
- You will receive a calendar invite with a link (Please note the link is active 15 minutes before your session time). Click the link and you’ll be taken to the VSL Backstage Studio.
- Allow VSL Studio to access your camera and mic.
- Make sure you have the correct camera and mic selected.
- Enter a display name. Use your actual name or the name of your brand. Then enter the VSL Backstage Studio.
Upon arrival, the host will be informed and a member of our team will greet you backstage – Don’t worry, you won’t be live when entering the studio!
Our team will help you get set up with any presentations or videos that you would like to present. We will also explain how and when you will be entering the live broadcast.
The platform will indicate when you have been added to the live platform then everyone will be able to see and hear you. This is your time to shine!
Remember, the host asked you to join because they want to hear what you have to say. Have fun!
What can guests do?
- Participate on-stream with camera and microphone
- Share screen, videos, and slide presentations
- Communicate with the VSL team and other participants using private chat
- View comments from attendees from the destinations being streamed to
- Use Virtual Background/Green screen effects